Monday 25 August 2014

DIFFICULT TIMES






Life is a series of journeys, which have a start and an ending, and I for one am well aware of this with working in a Hospice with Palliative Patients. But does life really prepare us for losing a loved one?
I lost my dear mum 15 years ago, at the age of 60 from lung cancer. She was diagnosed and died 6 weeks later. I can still remember a conversation we had on the day she was diagnosed. She said to me " you always knew that I would die one day "....... and I sat staring straight at her, feeling as though someone had punched me, and thought to myself .... No, I don't think I ever did.

Well, my husband has just lost his dear mother, albeit at the age of 87, but she was very healthy and independent and it has come as a huge shock. She was kind and caring, but immensely stubborn and could be arguementative and would talk to perfect strangers when out and about.

I truly believe that we all die when our time is allotted by a higher being, but sometimes we have to grasp the concept that life is for living and really make sure we live every moment as fully as we can, and not get bogged down by trivial worries.

So for all of us, just remember ........


 

No comments:

Post a Comment