Friday 9 August 2013

FRIENDS




I read recently that you can count your REAL friends on one hand.
We all have aquaintances and friends that we chat with and have a laugh with but how many of these people could you realistically call up in the middle of the night and ask for their help?

I am extremely lucky to be able to count one of my dearest friends in this latter catagory. Her name is Tina although I call her Old Bird and we have known each other for over 10years. She has been through some very tough, devastating and heart breaking times in her life, but her strength of character has pulled her through. She is one of the kindest, caring, thoughtful and selfless people I know, and we have laughed and cried together during our friendship. She inspires me, encourages me and believes in me and I place a very high value on her friendship.

Sometimes in the mundane routine of our lives we get caught up in the day to day existance of work, chores etc and don't spend as much time with friends as we could do. Sit and think about those dear friends and tell them how much they mean to you. Take them out for lunch, buy them some flowers ... but above all, treasure them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment