Monday 5 October 2015

WORDS OF ROMANCE
Words can be so powerful ..... often encouraging, often evoking happiness or sadness.

Two of my favourite poems about love and romance are as follows:

How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count The Ways ....

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight.
For the ends of being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, .... I love thee with the breadth,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! ... and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

By Elizabeth Barrett Browning

A Chinese Wedding Poem

I want to be your friend
For ever and ever without break or decay.
When the hills are all flat
And the rivers are all dry,
When it lightens and thunders in winter,
When it rains and snows in summer,
When Heaven and Earth mingle
Not 'til then will I part from you.


In fact these two poems where part of my recent Wedding Renewal Ceremony ...... in Australia!!!
Yep, I have been to Aussie for the 4th time ......more on that trip to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment